Home schooling STEM and computing classes
Whether you are a parent or carer looking to supplement your child's home schooling STEM classes, or you are keen to find an opportunity for your home educated child to discover a new tech passion, ComputerXplorers can tailor the learning to suit your child.
We understand that parents and children have a huge range of reasons for choosing home schooling. We have the flexibility to adapt our fun and educational computing classes to meet your child's interests, their learning style and help them reach their full potential. We will work with you to support your child's elective home education.
Ways we can work with you to support your child's home schooling
- Provide in person computing classes for home educated children across Edinburgh, East Lothian, West Lothian, Midlothian, Falkirk and the Borders.
- Provide online STEM classes for home school children in all areas.
- Classes can be run at regular intervals eg weekly or can be provided for a set period to cover a particular topic eg coding.
- You can organise group learning sessions with your local network of home schooled children.
- Classes can be delivered exclusively for your own home educated child/children.
The benefits of ComputerXplorers home schooling computing classes
- Classes with technology and computing specialists.
- Fun and educational.
- Opportunity to socialise with other home-educated children.
- Flexibility to focus on tech topics of interest eg robotics or animation, dependent on the child's preference.
- The option to exceed the requirements of Curriculum for Excellence.
- We work at a pace to suit you and your child.
Technology/STEM classes for home school children
We cover all aspects of computing and technology for children from 3 to 13 including...
- Physical computing
- App design
- Game design and programming
- 3D design
- Digital literacy
- Web design
Talk to us about how we can support you in home educating your child. We'd love to hear from you.